Wednesday, February 16, 2011

potential

i'd like to say that we've all got potential.  i don't need a life coach or psychiatrist to tell me that 'I've got potential.'  By saying that, they, of course, are stating that they don't see anything right now or even in the future but eventually something good will come out of me.

many that read this are of like mind with me.  I certainly believe that from the time i was born again i have been sowing and reaping into my potential.  I don't know if I'll ever completely get there.  But, then again, thats the cool part.  It seems that I've got unlimited potential.  Christians, when living out their revelation of who they are in Christ, are unstoppable.  We've got the best thing going for us - because our potential for success never ends.

I work with Axis Youth @ Rhema Bible Church in Tulsa.  Some of the kids I have the pleasure of mentoring have some of the greatest leadership abilities, people skills, artistic and marketing ideas I've ever seen.  Since I'm in an authoritative position can see through some of their immaturity and understand that they've really got some great potential ahead of them.  How much more can God see through us?  Setting aside his ability to be omnipotent and omnipresent in all spans of the imagination, He can truly see exactly how much we've been invested in.  It has to grieve Him when we aren't able to see how much we can do.  When we look at ourselves as inferior to others it must sadden him.  [like a dear friend who you've invested so much time in that despises themselves].

anyway.  all that to say this.  A personal goal of mine:

BE YOURSELF
DON'T COMPETE
OR BE DISAPPOINTED
I'M NOT THEM
IF I WERE TRYING
I'D BE LYING
AND IM NOT A LIER

this, actually, is not a rant of anykind.  these are feelings that i have felt over several occasions in my life and not so much going on at this exact moment. if this helps anyone else other than me, well, cool.  im glad:)

No comments:

Post a Comment