Saturday, February 19, 2011

My perfection...

Has your perfection saved anyone lately?

I know mine hasn't!  It might be frustrating at times to think that someone that lived a very sinful lifestyle could be more influential on their surroundings than yourself - someone dedicated to living a 'good' life.

I'll be honest.  I've never smoked.  I've never drank - besides during communion at the lutheran church, and the sip of champagne at my granddad's birthday party while I was on a cruise.  I've never been immoral with women.  My foul language has never taken the best of me.  I've never got in a fight!

OK OK.  Why?  The first reason is that I didn't want to disappoint my parents or my family.  I love them.  The actions that I listed above would have caused divisions between the people I am in a relationship with.  It's so important for parents to live by the standards of the bible.  While I didn't know about Jesus and who He was to me I still obeyed my parents who set the standard of living from the Word.  Since I know Jesus for myself, it's satisfying to know that my testimony is still intact because of the way I was raised.

The point of me saying this is to point you towards a relationship with Jesus.  If what you have with Jesus is a religion - a book of rules and regulations - then there is much much more.  It's evident that teenagers need this relationship, because the religion of 'Christianity' is just telling them what to do without empowering them.

The key is: Don't look at what you can and can't do.  Aim to please Jesus, whom you're in a relationship with.  In His word, he says "Those who love me keep my commands."  Get the revelation of who Jesus is and His love for us and it will make you want to please him.  In doing so, you'll stop the habitual things that condemn you from coming to Him.

Make the decision and run to Him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment